Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thing 24: Got file conversion issues?


This from Chris Whyley who co-founded Zamzar with his brother Mike:

"The name that we chose for the company - "Zamzar" - is based on a character from the German author Franz Kafka's book "The Metamorphosis". In the novel Kafka describes the extraordinary story of a young man who is transformed overnight whilst sleeping into a gigantic beetle. The man's name - Gregor Samsa - was used as the basis for our company name because of its' powerful association with change & transformation."

Not only IT wizards but literate as well! This is a really nifty tool for converting files from one format to another. Covers Image, Doc, Music and Video formats. Will be particularly useful converting Word to PDF files...... must go and play some more.

1 comment:

Maggii said...

Hi Paul,
What a thrill to get a comment on my blog. Thank you for the encouragement. Everytime I complete one of the sections I promise myself that I will complete another one the following day but... next thing I know it is a week later and you've guessed it I say where has the time gone. If the program stays up long enough I know I will get through it and I have been amazed at what is now available. I would never have known about any of this if it had no been for learning 2.0.
cheers, sharbonal