Saturday, November 3, 2007

#18 Web-based Apps: They're not just for desktops


Let's start at the very beginning.......

A very good place to start..........

When you begin to read you begin with A, B. C.......

When you begin to sing it's Do, Reh, Mi.................laughing

I really dislike emoticons... just pfrownpping up everywhere.....

I thought that I must really have had the Grumpundecidedmeter turned up to "Full" when I found the following Youtube clip by an Angry Young Man rather than a Grumpy Old Man.....

But asides from having emcoolticsealedns as part of the Word Processing programme I can see a great use for Zoho and Googledocs - they would allow a group of you to collaborate on a project at any time and from anywhere. There would be no need to send humungous files to each other nor would you live in fear of wondering if you had backed up your files........ but what happens when you don't have access to the internet? And I'm sure that they don't have all the features of a Microsoft or Apple produced piece of software........ but again these are early days.... I'm sure that Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are a gazillion moves ahead already.....

Now that's really interesting - I wrote this piece in Zoho and inserted emoticons in the text but mysteriously they haven't transfered across - (means that you miss the joke!) - obviously some compatability issues. As I said though it's new technology so I'm sure that there's a posse of computer programmers working on a solution at this very moment.

Just for the record:
"pfrownpping" is "popping"
"Grumpundecidedmeter" is "Grumpometer"
"emcoolticsealedns" is "emoticons"

No comments: